Student Usage of University Space:
University of Pittsburgh policy:
Space may be utilized by official student organizations only.
School of Medicine policy:
Space may not be used without prior authorization.
The requester must represent an official student organization.
All requests MUST be made at least two weeks in advance; otherwise, the request may not be accommodated.
Eligible student groups within the School of Medicine are those that are voting members of the SEC. This official status is recognized and granted by the University. Subgroups are eligible by virtue of being officially recognized through SEC.
- All space within Scaife Hall (including small group rooms) must be reserved by using the School’s Room Reservation Request Form. This form can be found on AmpUp > Student Tools > Room Request.
- To use the William Pitt Student Union, the Cathedral Lawn and certain other primary locations, you need to obtain a special form from the University. See https://www.studentaffairs.pitt.edu/studentunions/reservespace/ for details.
Process for scheduling rooms:
- A two-week notice for room requests is required to guarantee your request can be fulfilled.
- BEFORE COMMITTING TO YOUR SPEAKER, complete the Room Reservation Request Form AND receive your room confirmation.
- You will receive a verification of room assignment by email from Michelle Sergent.
- You should then go to the Student Groups Calendar to enter your event.